Charlie asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 4 months ago

Will ballet help me prevent soccer related injuries like it does with football?

I started doing ballet recently because I ve heard that it can help prevent injuries in football but I m not sure if it will help me with preventing injuries in soccer. So will ballet help me prevent injuries in soccer as well?

• drip

You are better off taking Pilates if you are focused mainly on preventing injuries and helping them heal faster.

• Charlie3 months agoReport

To be honest I'm not just focused on preventing injuries, I'm also interested in building strength and becoming more flexible which are things that ballet can do for you.

dont see why the two are related

Yes, it can, however, rhythm felt movements are born in, harmonic, it flows, if you love music and dance, and can dance? I mean really feel music as it flows threw your body?

It's only a matter of time before it translates over to Soccer.

Harmonic energies does not settle in one section of the Mind, if moves to where you place it, where you allow it in, it's spontaneous.

• mintchips49

What you are talking about is musicality. The way a person’s body interprets and internalizes rhythm. That is basically an innate gift. Moving to music can enhance that gift but ballet technique training is not the best way to do this. Especially not for soccer.

I don’t really see how. In ballet you are engaging turnout. With soccer you use your muscles to kick in a manner that is in opposition to how muscles are built in ballet.

It's possible if you focus on strengthening your legs