If a manager / owner of a business , refuses to acknowledge and address a customers complaint.?

If a customer had an unpleasant interaction with an associate at a business or company. And if the manager or supervisor refuses to correct the problem or satisfy the customer's complaint.

And if the very unsatisfied customer is now angry to the point that he or she is wreaking havoc against the company . Who is more at fault ? The owner for not addressing the customer's issue? Or is the customer more at fault for not being calm?

An incident occurred in which an unhappy customer posted several negative online reviews about an experience they had . However the manager never reached out to the customer.

Its very rare that both would happen.

When I was a manager, I addressed all complaints and usually offered free or discounted food next time.

(I ran a pizza hut back before delivery)

One time, a customer ate 90% of a pizza and then said they found a hair in the last slice. They were black, all the employees at the time were white. It was not an employees hair so I did not give them theirs free because they were trying to scam me.

Real customers don't usually try to scam. If we had a real problem, I either give them half off or have them pay full price and give them my card for free next time. I liked that best so we had a chance to show them its not always bad.

• Who

It whatever comments the customer wrote are an accurate description of what happened to them then nobody is at fault

the key here is "accurate" - they cannot be one sided

the fact they may not have liked the experience does not give them license to print something that aint factually true

It is very simple. TELL HER TO STOP. You should also block her on your phone.

• C

Someone left a bad review (one star) for the business I work for, with zero explanation. Don't recall dealing with him as a customer, not sure he ever actually purchased anything from us.

I worked in a bridal salon where a bride went ballistic when she no longer fit into her altered dress. When I had trouble zipping it, her friend was already dialing Mother-of-the-Bride. Literally, dialling the phone. Handed it to me and Momma said her daughter didn't gain an inch around her waist in four weeks. I lost track of the number of times a bride whispered, "I'm pregnant. Don't tell my Mom." Bride then said she felt claustrophobic, and had to go out to the sales floor for air. Then made a scene *there.*

Everything doesn't go perfectly all the time. Most ordinary people understand that, and contact the business directly to get a refund, be made whole, an exchange. My boss is very generous and understanding. But sometimes people are not reasonable. We sell men's suits. A customer returned a suit that had been to the cleaners, it looked limp and awful. Boss GAVE him a new suit. Suit went to the cleaners, and the same thing happened. Boss sent a picture to the manufacturer. They emailed back, "That suit wasn't dry-cleaned. It was washed." Well, Boss called custy- custy says, yes, both suits went to the same 'cleaners.' Boss says no more free suits. Suggested he find a [new] dry cleaner.

We had a customer that had us re-sew the darts to take in his shirt multiple times - in and out.

Same one brought back a jacket that had sand in the pockets - after he wore it to the beach.

A customer once wanted me to remove the sleeves from a jacket and sew them back on correctly, because someone told her they were sewn on backwards. They weren't. It was cut like a kimono. The front sleeve was literally the same piece as the front, the back sleeve was part of the back. . I couldn't convince her of the truth - even showing her how the coat was cut and put together. She left unsatisfied.

When I see someone has left multiple bad reviews on multiple review sites, I start to wonder about the stability of the customer and how unreasonable his / her request or demand is.. Yup, not everyone functions perfectly every day. Employees make mistakes, but the new ones you replace them with will, too.

I had a bad experience at a store which charged me the regular prices for several item on sale. I finally got a refund (wasn't easy, even though I had the flier and receipt) I never set foot in that store again, or any of their other locations. Years later, the chain did go out of business because it was so poorly run, from the top down. Bye, bye, Bradlees! Not spending money someplace is my go-to-response for bad service.

A friend of mine has been the subject of a tirade like you describe. My thoughts on reading the same dis-satisfied tirade on various platforms were, "Wow, the customer and friend both had a bad day" not "OMG, she should be fired."

"An incident occurred in which an unhappy customer posted several negative online reviews about an experience they had . However the manager never reached out to the customer." Unless you are the customer or the manager, you don't know if this is a fact or not.

• D J

Find a different job.

50 years of interaction.

It is more likely the customer.

There are two policies for business.

1. Service the customer (to a point) .

2. No customer is more valuable than a hard to find associate.

Many more complaints are angry customers who want more than they are willing to pay for.

Vending is often a form of politics when dealing with some individuals.

My final days (prior to retirement) was like the noisy wheel bearing, No More Grease, Replace it. There will be other Customers.

Of course a business on the edge is more likely to give in.

• martin

People are imperfect, whether managers or customers. When both are at their worst, disaster results. Tempers flare. Overall, it's the manager's or owner's fault, because they are the ones making money there, and therefore should be calm and intelligent in the face of a challenging customer.

If the customer had a poor experience and that was not addressed, they have every right to post a negative review to warn others this could happen to them as well.

I'm not sure what you mean "who is at fault"? I'm not even sure if there is fault to be had.

If a customer's complaint is not addressed, then they can take their business elsewhere and/or recommend against the business. Posting unflattering, but true, online reviews is not a bad thing. (Hence my confusion about the word "fault"). Even if management reaches out, posting truthful reviews is not a bad thing.

I'd say the customer is more at fault. Sounds like a jerk, which is probably why the manager didn't respond. Some people just can never be satisfied, so you might as well just ignore them.