Can you be deported if you are a US citizen but you can't find your ID or a piece of ID expired (like a passport)?
- American AtheistLv 64 weeks agoBest answer
no, that's ridiculous
if you have an ID that shows you are a citizen and can't find it there will be a record of it
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
Where would they deport a US citizen from
- sunshine_melLv 74 weeks ago
Are you a US citizen in the US, or elsewhere?
If you're in the US; no, obviously you can't be deported from your country of citizenship.
In another country? Perhaps. Depends on the country, their laws, what visa you're there on etc.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 74 weeks ago
If you were born in the U.S., generally no.
But if you are a naturalized citizen and the computer database is wrong, and it often is, then yes.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- ?Lv 74 weeks ago
Deported to where?
- Aster RhoidsLv 64 weeks ago
You should always have your ID with you.