Lv 4
Henry asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 4 weeks ago

Can you be deported if you are a US citizen but you can't find your ID or a piece of ID expired (like a passport)?

6 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

    no, that's ridiculous

    if you have an ID that shows you are a citizen and can't find it there will be a record of it

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago


    Where would they deport a US citizen from

  • 4 weeks ago

    Are you a US citizen in the US, or elsewhere?

    If you're in the US; no, obviously you can't be deported from your country of citizenship.

    In another country? Perhaps. Depends on the country, their laws, what visa you're there on etc.

  • 4 weeks ago

    If you were born in the U.S., generally no.

    But if you are a naturalized citizen and the computer database is wrong, and it often is, then yes.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Deported to where?

    • oikoσ
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

      They can be sent back to their home country. If your home country is the USA, the USA can't deport you.

  • 4 weeks ago

    You should always have your ID with you.

    • RICK
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

      Most ID does not prove citizenship

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.