What do you think when people complain that there is no good newer rock music?

Good rock music still exists. Maybe not in the mainstream media.

The good stuff gets ignored by those who have bones to pick. Look what happened to a true work of art like Lou Reed's "Lulu" ? Politics -- not corporations -- killed rock and roll for good.

Theres some good new bands sprinkled here and there. Like for instance there is this newer symphonic metal band called Singularity. Not great, but they run circles around the Atreyu and Bring Me The Horizon.

Source(s): nothing
  • Binks

I don't know where you go, but I go to such subscriptions on Youtube as Stoned Meadow Of Doom and The Bong Druid Of Mammoth Weed Mountain for lots of goodies.

Personally I couldn't care less anymore. If you want to stay stuck in the past and have no sense or care of discovery who am I to argue?

For me finding the gems in an ever growing pile of sht has been a lifelong hobby stretching back to the late 70's and it's something I'll continue to do till the day I die. Fck off!

Source(s): Born in the 50's
  • Zirp

"who cares? there's more good "older" rockmusic than anyone could collect and listen in their entire lifetime"

That's their choice. That's normal as people get older.

They might have no passion for true rock music. Simply banging two large rocks together can make beautiful music.

I think that they are right, as the corporate control of music and artists has resulted in a field where there is little actual music being created, performed and recorded.

Rock is dead, and corporations are who killed it.

i think they are right, the last good rock album was Blood Visions