Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

When will black people realize that hip hop music is what's destroying their communities ?

It's the truth. Making music about killing each other and robbing people does not make your environment better it just promotes more crime to happen.

The problem is that rap music is still popular and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon but hopefully I'm wrong about that. Rap music is bad influence to people especially the youth.

• Joe

When will idiots realize that their stupid questions is what's destroying yahoo ?

Yet violent crime rates are down in most US black communities and the heyday of gangsta rap is long behind us now.

I am black and hate hip hop. But the crappy rap music is part of the problem, the 72% single parent rate is the number one detriment to our community.

Let's make one thing clear first. Not all hip hop music is about killing and robbing each other, just like not all metal music is about devil worship and occultism, and all country music isn't about alcoholism and trucks. The way I see it, it isn't the music that's promoting crime in certain communities. It's their environments/living conditions that influence it, the music is just a product of that reality. How many TV shows and movies have fighting, killing, robbing and everything else in it? I grew up watching westerns with my grandpa, they had the same things, didn't affect me.

If someone watches a movie or listens to a song and is influenced to go out and kill/rob someone, that isn't the fault of the medium, it's the fault of themselves and whoever raised them. Hearing gangsta rap didn't make me want to shoot/rob people, just like watching The Matrix and The Bourne movies didn't make me want to go around shooting and beating up people. I loved Scarface and The Godfather, neither had a negative effect on me.

Even if I assumed any of it was real, I didn't take it as a guide to how to live MY life. If anything, I saw it as an entertaining testament of their life. People don't commit crime due to a song, because if that was the case... they would've done it regardless. Hip hop didn't invent murder and thievery... that's existed in the entire animal kingdom way before any kind of music existed.

Never. Black people were doing way better before gangster rap now most like to live those raunchy lifestyles thinking it's cool.

Source(s): I'm black and fed up

Hopefully never, because it's not. It's the minimum wage laws, the welfare programs, child benefits, labor restrictions, licensing, affirmative action, social housing, etc.

the flaw of your question is the fact that you fail to see how hip hop is just mainstream music in the popular charts so its fanbase isn't limited to blacks in the hood.

a lot of white boys and girls in the suburbs are big fans of popular culture and hip hop is now dominating much of popular culture for the young kids of this generation

although hip hop originated in the east coast black and brown projects where gangs and crime were rampant, hip hop has now become nothing more than an act for popular culture

hopefully they'll realize that soon

Correct. Its a STEEP, STEEP fall from JAZZ to GARBAGE