brian asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 2 months ago

Are Ashkenazi Jews like Gal Gadot genetically Middle Eastern? ?

Are Ashkenazi Jews more European or Middle Eastern genetically? And does Gal Gadot look Middle Eastern? 

Attachment image

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

Ashkenazi Jews are ethnically originated from the Levant, which is indeed in the middle east.

• 2 months ago

Don’t know don’t care I only know she is hot

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don’t know man 

• 2 months ago

Ppl cant answer this realistically cause they feel like it would make zionism look bad but it still wouldnt matter theres no way to make it look good

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would say yes to that one.

• 2 months ago

I dont know and i dont care, the result is she came out looking hot! Have some respect for years and years of evolution to create something that beautiful

• 2 months ago

The answer to this is both yes and no. Ashkenazi Jews can trace their roots back to Israel, like all of us can trace our roots back to a single ancestor in Africa, but most of their genetics comes from the area we call Italy today.

• 2 months ago

Yes. A study of haplotypes of the Y-chromosome, published in 2000, addressed the paternal origins of Ashkenazi Jews. Hammer et al. found that the Y-chromosome of Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews contained mutations that are also common among other Middle Eastern peoples, but uncommon in the autochthonous European population. This suggested that the male ancestors of the Ashkenazi Jews could be traced mostly to the Middle East. The proportion of male genetic admixture in Ashkenazi Jews amounts to less than 0.5% per generation over an estimated 80 generations, with "relatively minor contribution of European Y chromosomes to the Ashkenazim," and a total admixture estimate "very similar to Motulsky's average estimate of 12.5%." This supported the finding that "Diaspora Jews from Europe, Northwest Africa, and the Near East resemble each other more closely than they resemble their non-Jewish neighbors."

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's no such thing as "genetically Middle Eastern". Humans move about, and their genes are not linked to a geographical area. Some genetics merely are more common in one area than elsewhere

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Look middle easterner? Do you know how many races inhabit the Middle East? Hundreds and I’m not exaggerating. Arabs, Jews, Persians, Turks, Kurds, berbers.....etc, 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.