I would like to travel to and live in other countries around the world but I can only speak English fluently. So what do I do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Pontus
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best answer

You can travel without knowing other languages. Tour guides are available. Many (but not all) other countries have lots of competent English speakers.

It is false that "everybody" learns English, and false that those who do learn it well enough to communicate well.

To live in another country, you need to learn the main language(s). I m a native English speaker. I speak four foreign languages, and I have never lived in another country.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Easy if you're American

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Move to a country like England and travel from there. It's so easy to travel in Europe. Or, learn another language. I started learning French when I was 15. Eventually, I studied abroad there for a summer. I learned more in 2 months than I ever did when I was learning it in the US for almost 10 years. The point is, if you want to live in Spain for example, seriously learn Spanish for a year or two, then live there. It sounds crazy, but fully immersing yourself in a new place like that is amazing for your brain.You'll pick up another language insanely quickly. I was never fluent in French before I studied in France, but after two months there, I was able to speak it like a native. It was the best thing I've ever experienced in my life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

English is spoken by many in most modern cities around the world. A phrase book, some research and sign language will mean survival. Safety should not be overlooked.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Learn other languages, what else?

• Lila
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You can still travel to other places if you don't speak the language. You can go with a tour guide that speaks English and the language of the place you are going to. You'll find that in many places some of the people speak English as well as their native language.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Travel to Europe, most speak English as well as native language

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.