Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

left raw chicken soaking in water on the counter for 3 hours is it safe to use?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It should be ok, drain it well and pat it dry with kitchen towels.

Was there a reason why you were soaking it in water?

• 1 month ago

If the chicken was frozen when you put it in the water then I would not see a problem using it.

If it was refrigerated I would question it.

If it was refrigerated I would also wonder why you felt the need to put it in water.

So logic tells me this was frozen so I would go ahead and cook it

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I think the chicken may be safe to cook if it soaked in cold water ? I'm wondering what was the point of soaking the chicken in water anyway ? Were you defrosting it ? Brineing it ? You didn't say what was the reason was.I guess it is safe to eat though.

• D J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you cook it properly & to a high enough temperature. You should not soak chicken. If you need to thaw it, do so in the refrigerator.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Perfectly safe to use immediately. Next time you do it, put some sea salt or kosher salt in the water. It's called brining. You'll be surprised at how less-dry the meat will be.

It's better to do it overnight in the fridge, but three hours isn't going to be a problem, and if the chicken is frozen, 5-6 hours is okay.

• ted
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It is okay to cook it

• 1 month ago

i wouldnt use it if youre not sure

• 1 month ago

it should be, depending on the temperature of your house. If you think it is too hot, I wouldn't

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if youre not sure i wouldnt use it

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Safe also think how chicken is sold in stores an open display not a freezer.

• funnel1 month agoReport

Also not sold soaking in water on a counter at room temp. They keep it cold or frozen for a good salmonellic reason.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.