where will this extinction rebellion lead to?

this extinction rebellion movement, i don't know much about it, but i fear it will lead to our freedoms being restricted or it might cause the government to turn into a dictatorship and restrict our freedoms and our way of life in britain?

i feel really mad at these extinction rebellion bastards as i think they are causing a big hoo ha and will cause problems and bother for people that want nothing to do with it..

i saw that lord christopher monckton who is an expert in climate said the climate isn't in any danger, just natural cycles we're going through and i'm likely to believe christopher monckton over these extinction rebellion sheep.

anyway, where is it all going to lead? are our long term freedoms and way of life at risk due to the extinction rebellion movement?

i am worried.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

They are just more left wing protesters protesting in huge numbers on city roads and train stations to stop people going to work...there are too many for it to stop...unless those funders them are jailed and their assets seized.

• David
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Put it this way. I don't think I will be getting tickets for the British Grand Prix next year.

• 1 month ago

They are trying to help mankind become extinct.

• 1 month ago

At least, they are in a peaceful demostration. All countries should invest on air-capture by using the hydroxyl group chemical and even better to build a gaint heat pump to freeze the North Pole again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're afraid of everything. Or at least you pretend to be.

• 1 month ago

Christopher Monkton is not a climate expert, he's a lobbyist and professional Tory bullshit artist, there's tons of material debunking his yanked from anus theories.

• 1 month ago

Like other protest movements before it, it will bore itself to death in the media.

More government control rather than less is inevitable anyway in an over populated country with an increasingly fractious multi-cultural society. 'Freedom to' is going to be replaced by 'freedom from'.

Meanwhile the oceans continue to warm and rise faster than they naturally would, and in doing so risk becoming a deadly eutrophicated soup.

• Land-shark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It has always done this, but will start releasing more often and from other parts of the ocean as well. Earth will warm catastrophically and then tip back out of this interglacial into the million-year ice age epoch we are still in as a result of the current position of the continents.

• Biff
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"I fear it will lead to our freedoms being restricted or it might cause the government to turn into a dictatorship and restrict our freedoms and our way of life in britain?" Are you really that paranoid?

"Lord Christopher Monckton who is an expert in climate." Monckton is nothing of the sort. He is just a climate skeptic whose ignorant claims have been discredited time and time again by observations and measurements. For example, he claims sea levels are not rising when tide gauges all over the world show they are, by 11" along America's East Coast since the 1920s. He also makes the ridiculous claim that glaciers are growing when they are observably retreating.

• 1 month ago

If you don’t know much about it, why not find out, rather than worrying about stuff that won’t ever happen?

Monckton is no climate change expert. He studied classics at university, and has never worked or studied any form of science, let alone climate science. He’s worked as a journalist, a shirt salesman and a political advisor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.