How can I Find a Lost iPhone When it is Offline?

I was shopping for shoes and I stupidly left my phone on the rack next to me. I'm pretty sure it got stolen since I couldn't find it after that. I tried using the Find my iPhone app, but my data is turned off so it said offline. Any way I can find it still? Please help.

If the phone is off, you are never seeing it again, unless the person that has it wants you to get it back.

Once they take your Sim card out of the phone, there is no way for you to track, find, locate it. In the future, buy one on those lanyard or pouch cases to loop it around your neck, shoulder, waist, that way it stays ON YOU, and doesn't get misplaced while it and about.

See if there is a version of Prey, from the Prey Project, that works on iOS (prey project.com). Not sure if the iOS version, will take GPS tagged pictures, when the sim card is removed, wrong password is entered or the phone is turned off. Or allow you to remotely have the phone send GPS data as long as it's connected to wifi or cellular data, Even if the sim card has been changed. Check it and see if your next phone should have this on it.

maybe go back to the store and check to see if someone turned it in. i had my iphone lost and my find iphone was working and it located the last location and a person who was nice enough dropped it off at the desk for lost and found. also if you find it i would download prey because that will tell you it's last location. or sound an alarm if lost or missing.

• did you go back to the store to look for it? 

i've found lost phones before and took them home to extract the user's email address and tell them i have their phone. 

i would go back to the store and see if someone turned it in

By physically searching for it.

(The old-fashioned way.)

Same way you’d find a pencil you lost, neither can be tracked unless you put a tracking device on it. So you just gotta look, maybe see if there’s a lost & found

• Jim

It's gone for good.