How can I stop worrying about what people think?

I work retail and my customers are WONDERFUL. That's not the issue. My worries are with my managers. Sometimes I worry that they think I'm stupid or not good enough. How can I stop worrying about their opinion?

they don't think..........

You should do affirmations daily. You should confess the positive things that you think about yourself.

You should never over think.

Ignore those thoughts.

You are good enough or someone would have told you.

These managers might be using their authority to belittle employees and make them insecure so they obey them. Don't fall for their tricks.

The way you're thinking is a tell-tale sign that you might be insecure or could work on your sense of self-worth.

Just because these people are managers, it doesn't mean they are above everyone else... they are just people, too, and not better than you are.

The only difference is in the work situation -- they are there to manage their staff at work and to give them instructions and projects, etc. But still, it doesn't make them better... they are there to make sure things go smoothly in the work place.

Give your best at your job, don't care about anything cause no one is gonna say anything unless you are not giving your best at the job.

I am sorry but in reality no one cares how you feel and what you think, just do the job leave the place, simple. Don't think about anything more cause it's a time waste.

If you keep giving your best you will get more opportunities, that's it that's all there is to it and that's all you need to know.

Don't get too attached cause there is always a replacement.

The truth is, it's not really your managers' opinions that you're concerned about. That kind of thinking is coming from inside of YOU. You lack self confidence. You're worried that your bosses will find out that you're "stupid and not good enough" for the job (again, that's an opinion coming from inside your own head, not theirs).

This opinion of yourself almost assuredly originated during your childhood. Consider this true story: A father says to his young daughter, "Your sister is beautiful. You're the ugly one". That simple (mean, stupid, and ignorant) statement affected that little girl so deeply that all her life she's had the opinion that she's ugly. Did someone in your childhood say things or treat you as if you were stupid or not good enough? Could be a parent, a teacher, or even childhood friends or classmates. Or perhaps it was even something internal that made you decide that because you failed at something or couldn't understand something.

You need to start believing in yourself and your own smartness, capabilities, and skill at work. Imagine going to see your doctor and saying to them, "I don't think you're a very good doctor, and you're certainly not smart enough to be doing this job". What do you suppose their reaction would be? My guess is that one thing they would NOT say would be, "Uh oh. I was worried that you might think I'm stupid!"

Be sure you know exactly what your managers expect you to do at work, if you're not already 100% sure of your job description/duties. Be sure to know how to complete those things in a satisfactory manner. Then do them! If you do those three things, then what would your managers have to complain about? Nothing, that's what!

I would also add that "worrying what other people think" is a personality flaw that MANY millions of people suffer from. I recall my father saying to me as a teen, "What will the neighbors think if they see you talking to a known troublemaker?" My wife has said many times over the years that she's concerned what the neighbors will think about this or that. I remember when we couldn't afford much, and I had a crappy car that had peeling and faded paint, and my wife was constantly embarrassed by it. Learn to not give a rats *** about other people's thoughts and opinions. Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink! :)

Walk up to one and ask their opinion about

Your smartness, realise in the current climate

Your bosses need you, just ask them ok?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

have positive thinking... about your self you have rights as an employee .. walk with secure thoughts your the best . today and forever.......

Self affirmations are a tool that can be used. These can be tricky because if there is something we can and should improve or change it can feed a false sense of security.

I myself try to look for things I can improve on and keep a record of improvement. It is based on the idea that the only person I can compete against evenly is myself. That I can be or do better today then yesterday.

Learn how to separate out honest criticism from non-relevant criticism.

There are actually very few people whose opinion of us should mater, so identify them and be concerned only about them.