Andy asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What did people do for fun when they had no smartphones, no internet and no video games?

Is that why baseball was very popular and couples had lots of children in the 60s and 70s?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

When I was a boy, we had to jerk off to bra ads in the newspaper!

• UwU2 months agoReport

sad thing is i pulled this **** while having access to internet etc :(

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Read, go for a walk, mow the lawn, ride my pony, watch television and films, make art, write ..... honestly I don't remember a time when there was nothing to do.

• 2 months ago

Played cards and dominos or other games even made up some games. There was intercourse but not much it only takes one time.

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

We actually talked face to face with one another! It was great.Went on dates, to the movies, bowling, it was a great life.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I used to party a lot, go to concerts with friends, i did things with friends often, i'm an artist, so that helped. We spent time with other people. YES that's actually a thing!

• 2 months ago

Couples are having lots of kids now so whats your actual question?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Smoked pot & told stories of situations that had happened to us.

Then we ate some snacks, smoked some more pot, and told stories of things we were going to do.

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The young adults of the 1960s and 1970s, said that their parents and grandparents had large families, 'because they didn't have TV, so made their own entertainment.' Phones were seen as a means of communication, rather than for entertainment. Up to the early '70s, it was not unusual for a household not to have a phone, and to go to a public phone booth when one needed to.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i had more fun back then, got to visit with friends more since they werent into the net so much

• 2 months agoReport

@Andy i think so

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We know that people that were born before the 1860s didn’t like themselves because they never had any technology. For example no one born in 1500 would like who they are because no fun stuff existed then.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Alcohol. Movie theaters. Concerts. Gas was cheap so they traveled around a lot. Drinking and driving was more common too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.