What is the vehicle called in which fruits and vegetables are sold?

What is it called in English?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best answer

In the Ladykillers, there was such a merchant called a barrow boy, which seems to be the British equivalent of the US pushcart peddler.

• 1 month ago

You'll have to describe the 'vehicle'. Fruits and vegetables can be sold from a van, a lorry, a cart, the basket on the front of a grocer's bicycle ...

"Vehicle" is too vague.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps Produce Stand.

• 1 month ago

You can call it a fruit and vegetable truck or a produce truck or van. It will be understood. When I was young, my neighbor drove around the local area selling fruits, vegetables, snacks, and other items. We just referred to it as a fruit truck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

At least in the USA, I don't know of a special name for that. People in more rural areas sometimes do sell right off the tailgate of their pickup trucks, but that has no special name other than truck. If there is a shade tent, we might call it a produce stand.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

USA doesn't have that. You buy from a grocery store or a produce market and there aren't many of them left either.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If someone sets up a small shop just to sell produce, it is called a produce stand. None is sold on vehicles.

• DKG
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Greengrocer's van? Maybe a Grocer's van if it also sells other foodstuffs.

It is no longer a common sight in England.

• Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

We don't sell fruits and veggies from any vehicle. There are FOOD SERVICE trucks...which have a nickname...ROACH COACH.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.