Nick asked in SportsHockey · 1 month ago

Hockey is The best sport. Agree or disagree?

Hockey is very fast past. The pace of a hockey game is far different than any other sport. Hockey is an adrenaline rushing sport. Anything can happen at any moment. A team could score in the first ten seconds of a game or tie it up in the last ten seconds of a game. A hockey game isn't over until the final, obnoxious horn goes off. Also the intensity keeps you on the edge of your seat.

There are very few words that can describe the intensity of a hockey game. Hockey is a nail-biting sport. One minute your team is down by three goals, but then out of nowhere, it's a tie game. The reviews. The noise. All of it. Another this is the fights bring another level of intensity. When those gloves drop, you know it's going to be good. The punches to the face, the blood, teeth being knocked out. All of it is incredible. Fights are one of the reasons hockey a great sport. Also the celebrations of a goal beats any touch down. Lastly the Vegas knights. Greatest sports team in haitpry.

I certainly agree.

Disagree. That title belongs to baseball.

I would say that it's the sport that I most enjoy watching, though I only played street hockey, as opposed to ice hockey.

Being Canadian, I have the good fortune to live where the TV coverage of NHL hockey, and some other leagues, is excellent, such that last night I watched parts of seven games, involving all seven Canadian NHL teams. Three of those games went between 7 and 9:45 PM, so I was hopping between them, and two more ran simultaneously from 10 PM to about 12:50 AM.

But, as to whether it's the 'best' sport, that's a matter of personal taste.

• What I don't understand is why the players punch each other when they have a perfectly good stick to beat them with. Hockey is like hurling with better language.

• u1 month agoReport

It might be because the goal of the game isn't to murder players

I played a bit of hockey at school.

Not ice-hockey, there's no ice in Australia, not even in refrigerators...

But grass-hockey. I was late picking my winter school sport one year, so I ended up in the D team for hockey.

We lost pretty much all the time, except for this one occasion when our regular coach wasn't around, and one of the smarter teachers stood in as coach. He said the right things, encouraged us to contest the ball, and for once we actually won a game. At that moment, I really liked and appreciated the game.

It is a really good sport... but is it the best sport? Of course that's always subjective.

You could almost say that Hockey is basically soccer with sticks, and a smaller ball.

I personally think cricket is the best sport, but I know a lot of people would react to that with "WTF?!?"

Cricket, especially in the 5-day test match form, is a deep game. It is like a protracted war, affected by the weather, affected by strategic choices and risks taken throughout the game. And it's a sport where even pudgy people like me can be considered athletes.

• ANDRE L

Well, there are 22 ice rinks in Australia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_rinks_in_Australia

• B-Dub

I really like hockey, and even played for several years as a kid. I ended up enjoying football more...it helped that I was much better at it than hockey lol. Thanks to watching it all my life, I know the Canadian National Anthem in both English and French. GO FLYERS!!!

I've never watched a hockey game.