The managers at my job at walmart are extremely rude and make nasty put downs to employees and get away with it?

The upper management could care less. Calling corporate does nothing, and it causes rediculous tension.

I feel like every day at least one associate or manager treats me like crap when I did not deserve it.

It makes me feel really bad about myself when I'm nice to customers and do a good job. I feel like I am not sure if it is my town, state area, or that I'm not cut out for retail.

Honestly I think it's this area that's full of rude people in North central Florida.

Customers cuss at people, and the managers love to belittle associates.

I'm over qualified to be here and get treated like a little kid who just started at mcdonalds or enlisted for boot camp.

I've been working here almost a year now and I get dirty looks from managers because I dont kiss their butts and I'm always trying to act in a good mood.

Any advice? Should I go to corporate, or just quit because I could complain to ethics daily it seems.

• audrey

Corporate does not give a damn. Start looking for a different job. But, I've worked retail at a store similar to Wal-Mart for 18 years and all retail is pretty much the same. No one cares about the employees.

• Niko

Welcome to the real world. Big companies like Walmart don't truly care about employees like people think they do. Profit is what they care about.

Look for another job. Don't bother calling corporate or the ethics hotline. You would be extremely lucky if somebody helps you.

Quit once you have another job lined up

• If you think you're over qualified for retail, then apply for jobs you think you're qualified to do.

Some times managers in retail don't care and they will talk down to you because they are managers, they're higher up o n the ladder then you are.

Report it to HR and see if any thing gets better. If not look for another job and quit.

No, they are not. Its just you. Take the hint and quit.

• Gert

You've been enduring this treatment for almost a year? Why? Surely there are other jobs in more agreeable atmospheres. Some places actually care about their employees.

Want some cheese to go with your whine?

If you detest where you work quit whining and do something about it.

Find another job and if you are "over qualified" as you say you are it should take you no time.