Would you wait 20 years for someone to email you back?

No. My life would just have to go on. But.. I'd still be all kinds of excited if I received a new email from them after all those years, though!! And potentially want to rekindle my friendship with them. :)

Never wait for someone's email for 20 years. Rather I will try to meet if some important is coming in the mail.  

Logistically, that would be impossible, as none of the email addresses I had 20 years ago are still active. But as to whether I would wait that long for a response, it would depend on what the subject was. In 1976, we made this tape (nothing bad), and I promised this girl that I wouldn't share it with anyone. A few years later, I sent her a card and asked if I could share it. She never responded, so I will take the tape to my grave.

No..................

no because I would eventually forget about it after a couple weeks

After a certain point I would stop expecting a reply - BUT - if I'm still single 20 years later and they finally do... I can't say it would be meaningless.

I'm 37 and have never been in a relationship and at this point very subtle things are starting to mean so much to me.

I guess if you're asking if I would hold off on other potential relationships/inquiries for that person - for 20 years... I would definitely say no. 

I mean I've liked some women intensely... but they would not be waited for for that long if someone else I'm attracted to comes along. 

• anand

That would be worse than those postal days when occasionally your letters took a long time to reach you.

No that's a ridiculously long time just for that

Probably not, I don't even think I would have the same email then.

no thats ridiculous 

No not really my friend.