Has anyone ever broken or fractured a rib before?

So I recently got into a fight, and was unfortunately met with a low blow to my ribcage which has ran its course on me. i am unable to breathe, can’t lay down and then get back up on my own, get a tensing sensation every 10 seconds and cannot breathe fully. It hurts so bad, but I don’t want to go to the doctors if it’s just a bruise. Anyone know what you think it might be?

• Byrd

Rib bruise or rib fracture exact same treatment

• John

Use 8 ounce gloves when sparring with friends. Use bare fisted in a street fight and never forget the uppercut. Boxing is a martial art. Watch out, he is a Boxer who also knows Judo.

I think that if you're getting worse with time and not better, that warrants seeking medical help.

Possible punctured lung. The fact you haven’t rushed to the emergency room with serious rib cage pain and trouble breathing worries me. That should ALWAYS warrant an emergency room visit. You would be seen to immediately as a punctured lung is a serious injury. 

• Jant1 month agoReport

Could i get that from one punch? I’ve never been into an altercation before. It wasn’t like this directly after the fight but days later it is