my dell computer box won’t turn on!!?

i took out the power supply cord last night to turn off my computer and when i put it back in, the computer box wouldn’t start up. it has a solid green light on and that’s it. the fan won’t start or anything. i tried resetting, and taking out every wire and i tired to restart it multiples times but the box won’t turn on. does anyone have any solutions?? 

Make sure the plug fits snug into the input. Sounds like it is fitting loosely

Oh noes!!! So what was your question?

If I am understanding, you unplugged the power cord from the back of the computer itself to get the PC to power down. I assume that it must have been hung up and would not power down properly.

The fact that you get a green power light tells me that the power is correctly plugged in.

On many desktops there is a power switch that is located right by where the power cord plugs in. You may have accidently hit that and turned it off. That will allow power into the unit (and the green power light will come on) but the power supply s turned off so it does not pass the power through to the fan, processor, etc. So nothing else powers up. Check that switch. (Depending ont he model there may not be a switch.)

If it still fails after that, you are probably going to need a professional to look at the unit.

First check your computer cable than check your CPU.

there is a switch on rear of the box ... near the power cord. you may have accidentally turned it off.

Now we're getting somewhere! Your other question left too much room to give you a diagnosis but now that you told me exactly what you did I can tell you exactly what's wrong. Your bios battery is dead.that's the little $3 watch battery that's in there unplug your computer push in the power button until that green light goes out so that you don't cause a power surge. Take the ram out first. Now replace the BIOS battery with a new one put the ram back in plug it in push the button I'll bet you it'll start right up. After you told me that you took the power wire out and it wouldn't start up after that. That tells me that the BIOS battery is dead Dells are notorious for not starting if they have a bad bios battery.

"i took out the power supply cord last night to turn off my computer" - this is NOT the proper way to turn the computer off. If you have been doing this for some time, it is a really good bet that you have burned out the power supply. Congratulations!

• pt4 weeks agoReport

you would say the same if the power went off in the house then?

Check the plug and the socket in the wall.

The computer box? You mean the computer? The screen isn’t part of the computer. If the pc won’t turn on, the pc (computer) is What’s broken. Most likely a power brick related issue, dust possibly blocking the ports. Or perhaps it’s not connected correctly. 

In rare cases people who have old houses or use extension cords don’t supply enough power to the computer for it to boot correctly.

so ask an actual question