MuseScore Polyrhythm Help? I need help changing the time signature without changing the notes. How would I do this?

I accidentally set this part up in 4/4 when but I need it to be in 6/4 (or 12/8). In MuseScore, how would I efficiently make the Viola section (the one with all the quarter notes. Have four dotted quarter notes and have the second violins, cellos, and basses (the other 3) be playing a normal rhythm (4 quarter notes, 2 eighths, and another quarter note)? I REALLY don't want to have to redo this from the ground up. Surely there is some way to fix this?

I arrange and transcribe a LOT - and just wrote a whole long response, and then erased it It is ONLY 20 bars - I just did about 720 in the past couple of weeks/month. You will learn from the process - try to save what you can, but you will have to hand-enter this how you want it. For the violas - big duplets over each dotted half in 6/4. Or write the whole thing in 4/4, and have the other string parts in big triplets over half notes. Your call - it is a matter of pulse and metric feel, which way you go with this.

• Mamianka

You notate the violas as playing DUPLETS over 3 beats. You usually use a value slightly larger than what it will fit. Or just use dotted quarters (4 of them) in 6/4. Both work.

in the time it took you to type this question and read this answer you could have fixed it yourself from the ground up shake my head

• JacksonCat1 month agoReport

I wish it were that simple, but it isn't. Its a universal concept with tons on variation