I need a machine that can pulverize charcoal into fine dust. Not a big machine something small any recommendations?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's called a blender. Just go find a cheap one at a thrift store if you're worried about damaging the one you use in the kitchen.

NOTE: charcoal dust rinses right out so the likelihood of actually hurting your daily driver blender is next to zero, but some folks get blind spots about using kitchen tools for non-kitchen things. I say, a tool is a tool and if it works, roll with it. You do you.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I used a bit that i made that was very similar to those sold to mix drywall and paint and such. Of course it was a bit more heavy duty. Used a five gallon bucket with a hole in the lid that the bit could slide through.

• 1 month ago

A coffee grinder with an espresso setting will do it after smashing the charcoal into small pieces. Even easier if you use aquarium filter charcoal which is already in small chunks. A rock tumbler (used to polish stones) might work as well.

• 1 month ago

A spice grinder might work. Or you might try a vibrating sander, if you want to smash the stuff on a worktable.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

'ball mill' .............................................

• elhigh
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I dunno who downvoted you but it wasn't me. A ball mill is the no-brain option: dump it in, walk away. Come back to fine powder.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.