do i need a rabies vaccine?

So i know there haven't been any cases of people in the US getting rabies from squirrels. But just figured id ask people on their opinions of what to do and if I'm just being paranoid (which i probably am). I live in FL. I was laying out by the pool and these two squirrels were chasing each other pretty fast, making noises. One of them jumped onto my chair onto my leg while getting away from the other squirrel. I could feel his claws but they definitely didn't dig into my skin because i don't have any scratch marks. I used hand sanitizer to clean the area after, didn't have any burning so I doubt it broke the skin. Do I need a rabies vaccine for something like this?

• Roddy

Squirrels in general do not carry rabies. It is mainly the dog family that can carry that disease.

Unless you were bitten by a rabid animal it would be unlikely that you'd catch rabies. If your skin was not broken then you CANNOT have caught rabies, even if the animal had it.

NO since to get rabies you have to be bitten by a rabid animal such as a fox, coon, skunk, dog, coyote and the squirrel would not of had rabies since any of the critters I said get rabies,, would of killed the squirrel beside's rodents are highly unlikely to be infected.

• kelvin

no you do not....