I doubt that even eternity would be enough time to write all my stories; what should I do and where should start?

• Favourite answer

Quit dreaming about writing and start writing.

Ideas are fine, but it is time to start putting in the work of actually writing.

Eternity? A bit of a hyperbole, don't you think?

I too, have tons of ideas that I worry I will never put together in my lifetime. Maybe if you just give yourself a chance, you won't feel so overwhelmed.

• Logan

You should start writing whatever idea you want to work on most.

• Tina

Then why are you wasting time asking questions on here instead of writing them?

Perhaps you're not ready to write if you have to ask someone else where to start.

• John

I'd start with the one about how you guided the refugee party across the Himalayas in the dead of winter. Otherwise, maybe that job at the 7-11.

• Marli

NONAME's and bluebellbkk's answers, plus learning how to write stories, patience, writing writing writing, revising revising revising, learning the business of the agent and the publisher so you send out your manuscript to the people who might accept it for publication in the way they'll respect you for (No run-on, ungrammatical sentences like mine here, for example) learning about self-publishing.

Oh, and read read read. Some of your story ideas might have been done to death already, and some may have been done better. That would shorten your list. Or you may be inspired to put a new twist on the old tales.

start with your most passionate

In that case it hardly matters, does it?

Write the titles of each on a scrap of paper, drop them into a hat, give it a good shake, then pick one out.

Start with that one.

From the very beginning

• Araphel8 months agoReport

In the beginning God created,,, or is that too far back?