how do i prevent engine from starting?

• zipper

Have engine maintenance done regularly by someone that knows what they are doing. And use good gas.

Don't start the engine, period.

And why do you wish to do this?

Playing around with somebody else's car could land you in court and may be jail/

Shove a round fruit or vegetable in the tailpipe/s. An orange usually works due to being similar in size to most tailpipes.

• Joe

Pop off a couple of plug wires.

Throw away the key

• Erik

you beat me to it Mr Anonymous

Take the battery out.

Drain the gas tank

In the good old days, it was simple. We pulled the rotor out of the distributor. Newer cars don't have a rotor, so most people have an alarm with the feature that cuts off the ignition if the alarm is activated.. Then, there's the hidden toggle switch installed by a mechanic or you, that cuts power to the fuel pump.

E-Z 101 -------- Pull the fuel pump relay and put it in your pocket.

I had a foreign grey market car seized by the PoPo once for being supposedly non-compliant (it was compliant). Their intent was for one of them to drive it to the impound lot. But I had removed the fuel pump relay as a theft deterrent.

Imagine their anger when the car would not start and they had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck.

Imagine their anger again when lawyer got me my car back and the Police had to pay all charges for towing and impounding the vehicle.

And then I walked into the lot, replaced the relay, started the car right up and drove away.

• M.

Good for you!
      Police are becoming retarded.
      I'm glad you got one over on those morons!

Don't turn on the ignition!