how do i prevent engine from starting?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Have engine maintenance done regularly by someone that knows what they are doing. And use good gas.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't start the engine, period.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

And why do you wish to do this?

Playing around with somebody else's car could land you in court and may be jail/

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Shove a round fruit or vegetable in the tailpipe/s. An orange usually works due to being similar in size to most tailpipes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Pop off a couple of plug wires.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Throw away the key

• Erik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

you beat me to it Mr Anonymous

• 1 month ago

Take the battery out.

Drain the gas tank

• 1 month ago

In the good old days, it was simple. We pulled the rotor out of the distributor. Newer cars don't have a rotor, so most people have an alarm with the feature that cuts off the ignition if the alarm is activated.. Then, there's the hidden toggle switch installed by a mechanic or you, that cuts power to the fuel pump.

• 1 month ago

E-Z 101 -------- Pull the fuel pump relay and put it in your pocket.

I had a foreign grey market car seized by the PoPo once for being supposedly non-compliant (it was compliant). Their intent was for one of them to drive it to the impound lot. But I had removed the fuel pump relay as a theft deterrent.

Imagine their anger when the car would not start and they had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck.

Imagine their anger again when lawyer got me my car back and the Police had to pay all charges for towing and impounding the vehicle.

And then I walked into the lot, replaced the relay, started the car right up and drove away.

• M.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Good for you!
      Police are becoming retarded.
      I'm glad you got one over on those morons!

• 1 month ago

Don't turn on the ignition!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.