Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 month ago

would a master degree in computer engineering help me get a job?

couldn't find relevant work after getting a bachelors degree in electrical engineering(ended up working in a warehouse).

So on my dad's instance I went back to school to get my masters in computer engineering(took computer engineering electives for my undergrad and liked that better.)

But I feel that if I couldn't find related work or even an internship with an EE degree there must be something drastically wrong with me and getting an MS would not make a difference.

Is there really a point for me to keep going?

Yes sure u have many more chances to get job

• Who

nope - in itself its a waste of time unless you go on to a doctorate so you can do research

you dont need a masters in engineering to get a job

you are then considered overqualified

what you need are contacts a rich influential

uncle or perhaps a US Senator as a relative

if you are in the US

Getting an advanced degree won't help at this point. It sounds like you need to relocate. There are areas that have a lost of computer jobs. Silicon Valley is the most obvious one, but there are also a lot of openings in the DC area, Pittsburgh, Boston and other areas.

Yes, you have a widther job hunting chance after obtain a master degree, like teaching in university.

Yes, there must be something incredibly wrong with you if you can't find a job with an EE degree. And getting a Masters will not change that something that is incredibly wrong.

Source(s): I am going to guess that your problem is that you refuse to relocate to another part of the country.