Overdraft fee with bank of america?

I went negative $3 today, at 10:30 pm tonight I deposited cash into my account. I just went to check my balance and it charged me a $35 overdraft fee anyway, and the date on my deposit is now saying 10/11 instead of 10/10 when I really deposited it. Is this right? How do I get refunded? I put enough money in before midnight.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I just got my loan from creditincome@yahoo.com

• B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

usually 2pm is a deposit deadline, but in any case, not midnight, sorry

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have to make the deposit BEFORE 8:00PM. That might vary by your state.

• 1 month ago

Your deposit was AFTER close of business. Legally, it occurred on the 10-11 business day.

This is CLEARLY stated in the account terms you never read AND on the website.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most banks end their day somewhere around 3 pm. Anything after that is the next day's business. Midnight is irrelevant.

• 1 month ago

A lot of banks set their daily cutoff time to be anywhere in the neighborhood of 4 pm to midnight. So, if your bank has an 8 pm daily cutoff, a deposit made at 9 pm is posted on the next day.

I'd suggest you contact a bank officer to clarify the policy - and request they cancel the fee. If it is your first goof, they might waive it; but they will only do it once.

• 1 month ago

Electronic banking is instantaneous. You overdrafted, and made a deposit after incurring an overdraft. You pay the fee, and be thankful your bank still only charges $35.

• 1 month ago

You did this after the close of business.

Walk into your local branch, be nice, say you made a mistake but would like the fee to be waived. They should have the authority to do this, at the branch level, as long as this is your first offense.

• Eva
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Most ATMS have a cut off time that's earlier than midnight. At my bank, it's 10PM. Since you were only $3 overdrawn and you deposited cash, call the bank and ask to have the charge reversed.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you deposit, depending on the method it may take a day or more to officially be in your account. This is normal. You obviously need to talk to your bank if you want to try to get it reversed. Going into your branch is usually your best chance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.