Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why don't people these days dress the same like people did in the olden days?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Caz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Because fashions change.

When do you mean by "the olden days"? 50 years ago? 100? 500?

• 1 month ago

Please elaborate on what you mean by "olden days". Fashions evolve over time.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Synthetic fibers have made clothes cheaper, easier to clean and more comfortable. Most of us wouldn't be able to function in the heavy wool and stiff raw cotton of the olden days.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Fashions change, fabrics change, a whole range of reasons.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Cause fashion evolves over time.

• 1 month ago

What do you mean by 'the olden days'? Ten years ago, fifty, one hundred, five hundred, a thousand, ten thousand?

I hope you realise that humans have been wearing clothes for thousands of years; it's hardly surprising if our clothes have changed in style and function to reflect our different ways of life since then.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the clothing was hideous in the 1800's. Those big hoop skirts women wore were hot & ugly, and the funky suits the men wore were stupid & trashy.

• 1 month ago

Because some of that fashion from the 1940's the 1950's and 1960's has simply gone away or just died and no longer around anymore these day's it is what it is or what some people just love to wear

• 1 month ago

cause they dont even know what they wore, we werent around then

• 1 month ago

I've always wanted to dress like a redneck.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I doubt that you even know what the term "redneck" means or how it came to be.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.