Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why is this so sad and I keep crying over it ?

The doctors told my parents there is nothing they can do to save me and I will die in some time. They've accepted it and say they'll try to make it peaceful for me until I die. But I don't know why. I'm only 18 years, never got to live out my life. And I can't look ahead to the future. I'll be going soon. I've got a rare cancer. Why is it so sad when you get an illness so young and are living knowing you will shortly die from it?

• Hypnos

You can't think like that. What you're going through is terrible and no one can fully understand unless they've gone through the same thing, I get that. But you only live once as cliche as that is, and you can't spend the rest of it thinking about everything you missed out on. Do the things you want to do now, you may not be able to do all of them but the things you can you should. You will always regret the chances you don't take but you can't regret the ones that you do. You still have a life, and you're still living it, so use it. Leave this world at peace knowing that you had fun, you did the things you wanted to do and surrounded by the people that love you. In the end the reality is it doesn't just help you but it helps them too, knowing that you didn't leave feeling unfulfilled.

• Lili

Right. And don't feed it.

Where is the cancer located?

I would not accept my fate from a doctor. The Lord is life and at any time He can cure any type of cancer. There is a Scripture in the Bible that I would be quoting everyday out loud to myself and it is "I shall live and not die and declare the works of the Lord." I would be standing on God's promises and tell my body "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." I would be telling my body, "Be healed in the name of Jesus." Jesus took the sin of cancer on Himself on the Cross. Picture Jesus taking your cancer on His body on that cross for you. Praise His Holy Name daily for doing it for you.

• justin

Just focus on heaven. I fu make the cut i have heard from seeral ppl who have visited and coem back it is beyond amazing up there. So be glad u don't have to struggle through the hard part of life which is the second half. after 18 it goes downhill anyways. hugs. maybe il see u up there if u behave.

• Lili

If this post were true, you wouldn't be asking why this was sad and why you kept crying. The answer would be obvious. Dying young IS sad; it would be NORMAL to cry.

But no, you're just a troll who can't write very well or logically.

Give it up, dear: you have no future in fiction-writing.

If you are truly dying, you wouldn't need to use Anonymous as a calling card.. you have some amazing stories.. Hollywood is looking for new ideas for movies.. you could write for them before you supposedly die..   don't get me wrong, it's kind of amusing..  Is it the answers that turn you on??   or do you want to see who believes you??       I would say there's an 95% chance you won't be dying soon.. at least not from cancer..  sorry to spoil your fun..

• Pippin

If you are 18, the doctors would be talking to YOU, not your parents.

And you say nothing about what you will be doing to treat this rare cancer.

No doctors say "sorry, we can't do anything. Go home and die," without at least trying multiple treatments first.

IOW, I don't believe you.

• Lili

Legally speaking, they have to talk to you first, once you've reached adulthood. They can't speak to your parents without your permission, unless you're in a coma. I agree; this is a troll post.

What is it sad & you keep crying? You are told you dying and there is no hope. Any normal mentally healthy person would grieve of that. Your doctor should have recommended counseling and a support group. We have a family friend recently diagnosed and told he only has a few months. He has cancer too. The doctor put him and his family in touch with many organizations for support.

Life is mysterious. No one knows how and why cancer exists. I wouldn't call life unfair though.

You must embrace yourself.

• michael

that's a nice positive answer if she was truly dying..