Great jobs for someone without college degree?

What are the best jobs for someone without a college degree? Exclude restaurants or any type of food/drink consumption type business from the list.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Postal worker

Bartender

Real estate agent (real estate companies offer free courses to help you get you license and then will often hire and train you)

Airline booking agent

Flight attendant

Pharmacy tech

Source(s): You can look up other jobs (their salary, job requirements and working conditions) here: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
  • 1 month ago

Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Blacksmith, Brick layer,Tailor, Dressmaker,

Gunsmith, Welder all make good money in fact in most Countries a Plumber makes more than most with a University degree

Oh Forgot  Cook,Chef, Motorcycle Mechanic and Car Mechanic

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is always consumption.

So marijuana grower is a budding new industry.

Others require a degree in chemistry and physics.

Embalmer is a steady business...there is never ANY COMPLAINTS from the client. If you know how to gut a fish...you are halfway there.

Weatherman for a TV station. You got to look good in front of a camera while you LIE about the weather forecast. Even when wrong you get a full pay check.

• 1 month ago

There are a lot of jobs available for those without a college degree, but keep in mind that many will still require some form of training, and success is not guaranteed in any occupation (even for those with a college degree).

Here are some possible jobs:

- Electrician

- Plumber

- Carpenter

- Driver (taxi driver, bus driver, uber driver, etc...)

- Administrative jobs

- Receptionist

- Entertainment jobs

- Free lancer

- Self-employed

- First line supervisor

- Babysitter

- Post officer

- Assistants

I'm sure there are more jobs as well, which you can research depending on your interests. Remember, even without a college degree, you will need some sort of skills, training, or qualifications for many of these jobs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are some good jobs that don't "require" a degree but if a job is really good and pays very well then you will still be competing against people with degrees. A person with a degree is overwhelmingly seen as a better candidate for almost any job than someone without a degree. Landing a very good job with no degree is most likely going to require that you start at the bottom then take from 2 to 8 years to work your way up. That, of course, may or may not happen.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Movie Actor

Professional athlete

Rock Musician

Race car driver

Rodeo clown

If you have no outstanding talents, there are no great jobs without an advance education...

• 1 month ago

outside sales in virtually any line of work

• 1 month ago

I'd suggest the skilled trades: I've known electricians and plumbers who've earned more than me (a lawyer) per annum.

That said, there's still a lot of training involved. -That- said, if there's an apprenticeship program, they'll pay you to train, unlike you having to pay (like for college).

• 1 month ago

I may be wrong about this but I've heard that you can become an air traffic controller.

• Amaretta
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

This is true. You only need a high school degree (and training) to become an air traffic controller and it pays well. But it's a very high stress job.

• 1 month ago

Property management (renting/maintaining properties). On the office side, you can start in leasing and work your way up. On the maintenance side, you can begin learning the trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.) and you'll be set up for life. A ton of property management companies provide rent discounts (even free rent), paid training, and career advancement opportunities. It's not for everyone, but it's good work if you can hack it. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.