how do i convince my mom to get me a trampoline?

I want a springfree 11 x 11 trampoline. it's $1999. i know. expensive. but In order to get it i have to get good grades. they don't believe me when i say  that it improves my grades. how do i convince them??

And I want a Bentley Continental.

So it looks like we are going to be a right pair of Disappointed Spongers does it not!

pay for the trampoline

• Noah

You have to have good grades they're implying after the grades not before!

The only good trampoline - is the one still in the box. I had custody of my kids during the school year and my ex-wife had them in summer. I did not allow my boys to use them. My idiot ex said my rules do not apply - and she bought one. 12 minutes after it was set up - my youngest son broke his femur - the big bone in your leg. My ex could not take care of him - so my new girl friend had to!! Kid was on crutches all summer and had 4 surgeries - my girl friend had to bath him and baby him all damn summer... we could not go anywhere or do anything fun - all because my ex did not think.

Now, you are not thinking. Do you have the money to buy the super expensive one with the full cage so you do not bounce out? No? Then what makes you think your mom, or dad, want to buy it - have you get hurt - and then have to spend the next 6 months taking care of your sorry broke butt? Try thinking about someone else besides you for a change. Its not that they don't want you to have fun - they don't want to spend $45,000 getting your leg fixed when you do something stupid.

Tell you what. When you have the $4,000 for the really nice trampoline and $45,000 in the bank to pay the doctors bills - then go ask. Until then - you should be quiet and get a job and buy your own toys. Stop whining for others to pay for your stuff.

• Jackson1 month agoReport

Or you could just spend a little bit more money and get the one with the netting on the side.

Assure your parents that if you end up in the emergency room with broken bones or a brain or spinal injury, that you don't expect them to take care of you.  And you don't mind spending the rest of your life in a state run nursing home for the poor.  If that doesn't work yell at your parents for making you so selfish.

Two thousand dollars is a lot of money for most people.  Few people have that kind of disposable income lying around that they wouldn't want to do better things with.  It would be a nice family trip to Disney World for example.   You should be getting good grades without having be bribed with an expensive piece of equipment that they don't want and will occupy a lot of space on their lawn.

by getting good grades

They might believe you, but say that because they don't want to shell out the cash or worry that you will hurt yourself. Try and find out if it is one of those. Have to know what you are really dealing with in order to know how to approach it. The grades thing seems like an easy excuse.

• Bill

use another more convincing argument

bouncing your brain cells until they are mulch is not a good argument

Instead of mooching, you should do chores for allowance.

There are places that have trampolines so why don’t you go there everyday. If your grades improve then you have evidence that jumping on trampolines makes you smart.