PC Monitor Issues?

So I have an Onn PC monitor and all of a sudden the screen won't display anything. The blue Led light is on, and everything is plugged in correctly. Usually when the PC is off, the blue LED flashes, which I assume means it's in standby, and when I would turn my PC on, the blue light would stay lit, without flashing, and work properly. But now, even when the PC is on or off, the blue Led just stays stagnant/lit, without flashing, and in turn will not display anything. Any ideas on what this could be? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Check ALL of the cables again to make sure that they are plugged all the way in.

If they are, then there are just a few possibilities

- the monitor has failed (even though the power supply is still operational)

- the video adapter inside your PC (if you have one) has failed

- there is an electrical fault (short, disconnect) between the PC motherboard and the socket at the back of the PC that the video cable plugs into (this is possible only if your video controller is built in to your motherboard or CPU)

- (least likely, but it does happen) - there is a fault in the cable connecting the monitor to your computer

You can check the monitor by connecting it to another computer. If it works, then you know the fault is at the computer / video board end of things. If it doesn't work then it's a good bet the monitor is faulty.

You can check the cable by using another cable to plug the monitor into the computer. If it works, the old cable is bad.

You can check the PC / video adapter by connecting it to a different monitor. If it works, then the old monitor is the culprit. If it doesn't work then the video board (if you have one) needs to be replaced.

Most common cause: cables not plugged in all the way.

Second most common cause: video adapter failure (replace)

Third most common cause: monitor failure (replace)

• 1 month ago

It sounds as though your monitor is not receiving input from your PC. Check to make sure the data cable is securely attached to the monitor as well as the PC.

• David B.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Al,; Then the problem is with your PC not the monitor or TV. Have you called technical support for the PC manufacturer? If not you should.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.