Will.
Will. asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

Pickled onion smell.?

I want to use a pickled onion jar to keep sugar in but I cannot get rid of the pickled onion smell. I have tried washing the jar, putting milk in it, left it out in the rain, but I cannot get rid of the smell. Have you any ideas please?.

• Poppy

Buy a new jar, that’s how to fix this.

leave it its a great smell

• John P

Use a different jar. The smell of onion, whether pickled or natural, is impossible to shift from a jar. I have a jar in which I used to keep half onions in water. The last time I did that was over 10 years ago. The jar still smells.

Pickled ONION smell ? a PICKLED ONION ODOR ?

PICKLED preserved in VINEGAR or Brine

according to www.hunker.com to remove a VINEGAR ODOR .. sprinkle the water moistened area or object with BAKING SODA scrub then with a brush scrub the object or area then rinse with clean warm water ... and dry . with cloths or allow to air dry .

. if its the ROOM that has a vinegar ODOR they recommend running a Dehumidifier for several hours

then again many people find a SUGAR BOWL attractive to store a small amount of sugar in or keeping the SUGAR in the the BAG box or container it came in

a person could take the offensive JAR to the RECYCLING CENTER

perhaps to be Reincarnated to be come a jar for

a ONION PICKLING FACTORY

Source(s): www.hunker.com

Put dry baking soda inside, close it, shake it and then leave it closed, upside-down for a day. Obviously not at the same time as all of these vinegar suggestions.

If none of these suggestions work, separate the lid and the jar overnight and sniff-test to see if the smell is just coming from one or both. This would allow you to potentially focus your efforts or give you the option of replacing the lid.

Use a different jar.

• Tavy

Just use another jar.

I don't think glass will absorb odor. The source is probably in the lid. Try washing the inside of the lid with a paste made of baking soda and a small amount of vinegar or lemon juice.

• Bee V2

Light a match inside, or soak in rubbing alcohol

• Mark

Try vinegar.... (The plain kind)