If I’m a salaried employ when will I get my first check?

So I just started a new job with week and it is a salaried position. It was a bit unclear of when I’d be getting my first check and HR is out on vacation for the next few days. Paychecks are given on the 1st and the 16th of each month. I started work on the 7th. Will I be getting a check on the 16th or will I have to wait until the 1 mst of November? 

Try to get it on 1st, as 16th has crossed.

• Eva

It doesn't matter when the paychecks are given out. What matters is when the pay period ends. If the pay period ended on 10/6 or before for the check that will be given out on 10/16, you will not get a check. My suspicion is that because they pay twice a month, the pay period ended on 9/30 for the check dated 10/16.

Usually the first 2 weeks are withheld, so you probably will not be paid until November first. But if you do get it on the 16th of October that will be nice.

Plan on the 1st. If you are pleasantly surprised on the 16th, so be it. But don't count on it.

If there is no one to ask, then you'll just have to find out on the 16th.