Do you agree with slapping a child in their face?

I remember at one point when my teen livings teacher was talking to us in class about how to discipline children. However during class she told us that you should never slap your child in their face. She then told us that her mother used to do this with her growing up and she'd go to her room and think about how much she hated her mom. So as for the question well I agree with my teacher on this one. So do you agree with slapping a child in the face when they miss behave? Also I'm using my experience as an example, I'm not dwelling on the past or anything.

No, that’s abuse

• Nathan

No, it's child abuse and illegal

As a teenager, no, please don't do this.

• Elsa

I do not agree at all! Physical punishment is a shameful thing

• Lita

I do not agree with slapping anyone in the face as discipline.

No. There's no way this is a good idea

Yes I do, my dad slapped me plenty as a kid. Looking back on it 99 percent of time I damn well deserved it.

Yes, but I would limit the slapping to only apply to your child. Keep lying to yourself about not dwelling on the past.

No. Because any kind of hitting is always ABUSE, and abuse is always WRONG. You don't slap a kid on the face for the same reason you never hit a HORSE on the head. It's what I was taught, and what I believe.

• Star_of_Darkness

Its not abuse at all. Its RIGHT to smack a child and the law is very clear that a parent can indeed smack their kids and not be in any trouble

• Mark

No. That is insulting. If you HAVE to strike a child, smack him or her on the butt.