Should a person get the flu shot.?

My dad who is a doctor says I MUST get it. I am 19 but any virus or bacteria can kill me. Pneumonia can take my life and heart disease too. The Friedreich s Ataxia site say I am at high risk. Sucks but what is the risk, right?

I am taking it because the Friedreich's Ataxia flyer said it is playing with fire not too and it is one of their lists of things they tell us to do. Apparently I could get the flu and die or Pneumonia also. So for the flu, I am going to. I changed my mind,

Heart disease is the leading cause of death among people with Friedreich's ataxia. It usually becomes fatal by early adulthood. ... Friedreich's ataxia leads to diabetes in about 10 percent of people who have it. Other complications include heart failure, scoliosis, and difficulty digesting carbohydrates

• Edna

If you have a condition where a bacteria or virus can kill you, then that is an excellent reason to take a flu vaccination.

• Chae-won1 month agoReport

ThanksHeart disease is the leading cause of death among people with Friedreich's ataxia.It usually becomes fatal by early adulthood. Friedreich's ataxia leads to diabetes in 10 percent of people who have it Other complications include heart failure, scoliosis, and difficulty digesting carbohydrates.

1 week ago

Use a shock collar.

Do not get a flu shot.  Flu shots have mercury and aluminum in them.  Government licensed doctors just want the money they receive from their customers.   

This is a very important and personal decision. I've had bad reactions to vaccines. Be careful. All vaccines contain adjuvatants that can harm humans: aluminum, mercury, aborted fetal tissue, formeldahyde. My doctor leaves it up to me. I had an anaphylactic reaction to a routine vaccination that was part of a series. My dr. says I cannot get the rest in that series. A bigwig at the CDC said the flu shot is a sham. He was suicided two weeks later. Some people feel very strongly that everyone should get the flu shot others feel the opposite. My last flu shot caused severe redness and swelling in my upper arm that lasted the whole flu season. The only time I got the flu was when I had the shot. I probably won't get any more flu shots, but that's just me.

• Tavy

I have had 38 of them in the U.K. same as my husband and older friends.

None of us died.

• audrey

Don't be such a wuss. Get the shot.

• Chae-won1 month agoReport

I am NOT afraid of needles. And I am going to take it.

Well, if getting sick can kill you, then may be you should be vaccinated.

• Chae-won1 month agoReport

I have and this is why I posted this. I had no idea. I do now.

I have never gotten a flu shot so I would say no

No risk at all . Lead ur life with happiness . All of us , sooner or later , has to die some day due to some reason hidden to us . So forget all superstitions

• kelvin

you are old enough to make that decision on your own

• Chae-won1 month agoReport

Ultimately I have. Once I found the high-risk aspect is why I did.