Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Can you burn fat with just doing push ups and Intermittent fasting?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Donald
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Not if you are overeating! Intermittent fasting means nothing if you do not burn more calories than you consume, you will still gain weight if you are eating too much food! Push ups burn very few calories, and won't help much if any.

Best wishes

In general, pushups can burn at least 7 calories per minute. It will take 8.3 hours of push up to lose 1 pound.

• Rose1 month agoReport

Don't listen to him- pushups are one of the best exercises to build serious muscle and the more muscle you have = the more energy you burn at rest.
      Don't listen to bullshit about calories, it will only discourage you. Hell, walking the length of an entire football field only burns TEN.

• 4 weeks ago

No. Here’s how to burn fat:

1. Buy fat from the store and if there’s none left cut off your own fat

2. Start a fire

3. Put said fat on said fire.

Hope this helps!

• Fred
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You need to learn to eat correctly and do some exercise every day. I did a healthy eating course and eat healthier in the right amounts, and started to do a couple 40 minute brisk walks a day and lost about 30 kilograms (about 65 pounds) in about 5 months and I felt much more active and looked way better. Talk to a nutritionist and get advice on how to eat good food and cut out the garbage we eat in a modern world. Intermittent fasting will only cause you health problems and you have to work on eating correctly and yes healthy food does taste nice and keeps you feeling full for much longer so you don't feel hungry as often.

Diet and exercise right as what you are talking of doing will fail and you will always be overweight and unhappy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

More exercise, like sit ups, crunches, skipping rope, weight lifting, and aerobics will help burn the fat off and eat fruits and veges mainly. Stay away from sugar, fats, deep fried foods. It will come to pass.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

diet is the key boiii

• 1 month ago

Are you prepared to lose some pounds but tired of paying attention to all the out of date tested-and-real weight loss counsels such as working out more, limiting food portions, and eating more vegetables? All you need is weight loss solution that works like magic.

Here are little-known diet tips you must implement to lose weight fast.

>> https://healthcare58.webnode.com/how-to-lose-weigh...

• 1 month ago

Yes, as well exercise.

• 1 month ago

Do the push-ups and 5 or 10 minutes jogging on the spot you will burn more fat off this way, and Intermittent fasting is no use at all, simply watching what you eat is much better and stay away from fatty food, I do wish you well my friend.

• 1 month ago

just try it and see and then you'll know

• 1 month ago

Kind of.  If you fast for, say, 14-16 hours, your body will be forced to access some stored fat to burn as fuel.  How much is hard to guess.  If that person is already on a ketogenic diet and "fat adapted" they will probably burn more.  A fast of less than 14 hours probably will not be that effective -- beyond reducing caloric intake.

Push ups or any other exercise use a few calories because the "work" requires energy.  I doubt doing 20 push ups is going to burn very many calories.  Doing just one exercise exercise isn't going to improve your health or physique very much.

You'll have more success by deducing your daily calorie consumption below the BMR for your goal weight, including IF, and doing a comprehensive cardio and bodyweight workout.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.