Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

Is it possible to not see letters at all on an eye test?

i went to get my permit and the woman told me to look into the eye machine to test eyesight. There were three columns and 5 rows of letters in each, except the first column was completely blank. I could see the other two columns perfectly fine, but the first wasn’t there at all. Is there a possibility it’s an eye problem or was it the machines?

• Linda

Maybe the second line was the first line and you were confused or there was some weird glitch. I wouldn't worry about it. If there was a problem, then the person doing the eye reading would have told you so.

If you ''bombed'' the eye test, you would be required to get your eyes checked by an optometrist! Otherwise it could be a machine error!

Yes.

That is part of the test.

When you cannot see, you either need prescription glasses or should not be driving.

Get your eyes professionally examined.

• Vicki

That sounds like a machine error. Because I would think that even if you're partially blind you would either know by now, or have seen even the vague shape/colour of the letters it was supposed to be.

• y

I hate the machines the RMV uses, you have to have just the right angle looking into them and with my back, that is hard to achieve.

• Lili

I'd say it was the machine. Even if your vision is bad, you should have been able to make out something, no matter how blurred.

• Iam

Maybe see an optometrist?