Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 9 months ago

Is it possible to not see letters at all on an eye test?

i went to get my permit and the woman told me to look into the eye machine to test eyesight. There were three columns and 5 rows of letters in each, except the first column was completely blank. I could see the other two columns perfectly fine, but the first wasn’t there at all. Is there a possibility it’s an eye problem or was it the machines?

• Linda

Maybe the second line was the first line and you were confused or there was some weird glitch. I wouldn't worry about it. If there was a problem, then the person doing the eye reading would have told you so.

If you ''bombed'' the eye test, you would be required to get your eyes checked by an optometrist! Otherwise it could be a machine error!

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

it was machine error lol

Yes.

That is part of the test.

When you cannot see, you either need prescription glasses or should not be driving.

Wall chart, or a machine, does not make a difference. The results are the same when a person has bad eye sight.

Get your eyes professionally examined.

[In Junior high school the Wall Chart "test" was given. I could not read the "E" (first line) with my right Eye, I was pressured by the other students (who administered the test) to just say "E" regardless, just so he could move on. It Flustered the student. "Everybody Knows it is "E", why you making it difficult."]  I was wearing Bi-Focals in a week.  Bullied physically, and forced out of school in a year. Children are cruel

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

nah it was the machine

• Vicki

That sounds like a machine error. Because I would think that even if you're partially blind you would either know by now, or have seen even the vague shape/colour of the letters it was supposed to be.

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT but i went to the eye doctor and found out i have 20/15 vision so it was the machine

• y

I hate the machines the RMV uses, you have to have just the right angle looking into them and with my back, that is hard to achieve.

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

yeah i had to get a note from my eye doctor

• Lili

I'd say it was the machine. Even if your vision is bad, you should have been able to make out something, no matter how blurred.

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

that’s exactly what i said 

• Iam

Maybe see an optometrist?

• Cheyenne5 months agoReport

did, 20/15 vision