Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

Is it possible to not see letters at all on an eye test?

i went to get my permit and the woman told me to look into the eye machine to test eyesight. There were three columns and 5 rows of letters in each, except the first column was completely blank. I could see the other two columns perfectly fine, but the first wasn’t there at all. Is there a possibility it’s an eye problem or was it the machines?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Maybe the second line was the first line and you were confused or there was some weird glitch. I wouldn't worry about it. If there was a problem, then the person doing the eye reading would have told you so.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you ''bombed'' the eye test, you would be required to get your eyes checked by an optometrist! Otherwise it could be a machine error!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.

That is part of the test.

When you cannot see, you either need prescription glasses or should not be driving.

Get your eyes professionally examined.

• Vicki
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

That sounds like a machine error. Because I would think that even if you're partially blind you would either know by now, or have seen even the vague shape/colour of the letters it was supposed to be.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I hate the machines the RMV uses, you have to have just the right angle looking into them and with my back, that is hard to achieve.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd say it was the machine. Even if your vision is bad, you should have been able to make out something, no matter how blurred.

• Iam
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Maybe see an optometrist?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.