Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 months ago

Is it bad that my fiancee calls me an idiot?

My fiancee calls me an idiot from time to time, when I say or do something stupid. Before I took it as a compliment. However, people at work keep telling me that that's horrible, and my relationship is toxic. Is this actually toxic, or is this normal?

Since everyone seems to be misunderstanding the question, let me say this. My fiancee is female, not male. Second, I am male not female. Third, this only happens after I say or do something stupid, like tell a lame joke.

I think it's fine. It can be a jokey flirty insult. Like my ex always called me loser whenever I did something stupid. Don't listen to the opinion of those at work who don't know the reality of it. If you notice your faince is saying it rudely and it puts you down, then yeah it's a bad case. Its only you that can judge that, at the end of the day it only matters how you feel about it

It depends on how it makes you feel. It sounds like it could just be a way to playfully joke by insulting you but not in a mean way. If it makes you feel bad, you should tell her. Also, if she calls you that in a situation when you did something dumb or made a bad joke that doesn’t sound like she means it in a mean way at all.

If your relationship is toxic why do you stay in it?

Why do you deem it acceptable  that she calls you harsh names and throws in question your intellect?

WHAT do you call him?

Being called stupid is not a compliment.lts an insult.Dont let her treat you like that.Stand up to her.

• bubba

Narp , you are an idiot , at least you know she will never lie to you

Yes tell him that it bothers you if he says something like 'well if you didn't say or do that then I wouldnt call you an idiot' then I'd be looking out there for a different man

Well what has she got your for then if you tell lame jokes? Do you make a ton of money or are you hung like a horse? Or has she just got your around so she can have someone to yell and scream at?

it's not bad. it's what she's supposed to do. if you're a buffoon always screwing things up, you need the discipline she provides you to correct you and keep you in line.

• GB

Just ignore anyone who doesn't know that fiancee is feminine and fiance is masculine. It is not right for them to call you an idiot, whatever their gender or yours. It starts with lame jokes now, but will get worse if you marry. Tell her you would be an idiot to stay with her.