Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it bad that my fiancee calls me an idiot?

My fiancee calls me an idiot from time to time, when I say or do something stupid. Before I took it as a compliment. However, people at work keep telling me that that's horrible, and my relationship is toxic. Is this actually toxic, or is this normal?

Update:

Since everyone seems to be misunderstanding the question, let me say this. My fiancee is female, not male. Second, I am male not female. Third, this only happens after I say or do something stupid, like tell a lame joke.

70 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

I think it's fine. It can be a jokey flirty insult. Like my ex always called me loser whenever I did something stupid. Don't listen to the opinion of those at work who don't know the reality of it. If you notice your faince is saying it rudely and it puts you down, then yeah it's a bad case. Its only you that can judge that, at the end of the day it only matters how you feel about it

• harrys2 months agoReport

This woman is poison. A woman who does not support and build up “her” man is a loser no matter what qualities she may have. A woman who tears down her own house(hold) is a very foolish one. And it isn't even her house yet.
      Drop her. Dump her. Call off the engagement.
      Or prepare for being **** on.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends on how it makes you feel. It sounds like it could just be a way to playfully joke by insulting you but not in a mean way. If it makes you feel bad, you should tell her. Also, if she calls you that in a situation when you did something dumb or made a bad joke that doesn’t sound like she means it in a mean way at all.

• 2 months ago

If your relationship is toxic why do you stay in it?

Why do you deem it acceptable  that she calls you harsh names and throws in question your intellect?

• 2 months ago

dump his stupid ***

• Emily Rose
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

two ee's at the end imply that it's a girl not a guy

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

WHAT do you call him?

• 2 months ago

Being called stupid is not a compliment.lts an insult.Dont let her treat you like that.Stand up to her.

• bubba
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Narp , you are an idiot , at least you know she will never lie to you

• harrys2 months agoReport

If you don't call this off you qualify as an “idiot.”
      Every woman has a pussy between her thighs. This one isn't worth what goes with it.
      If you have kids with her she will deprecate (diss) you to them. In your presence and elsewhere.

• 2 months ago

Yes tell him that it bothers you if he says something like 'well if you didn't say or do that then I wouldnt call you an idiot' then I'd be looking out there for a different man

• 2 months ago

Well what has she got your for then if you tell lame jokes? Do you make a ton of money or are you hung like a horse? Or has she just got your around so she can have someone to yell and scream at?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it's not bad. it's what she's supposed to do. if you're a buffoon always screwing things up, you need the discipline she provides you to correct you and keep you in line.

• Adam
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

You sound very single -- or whipped. There needs to be respect in a relationship.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.