Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

My girlfriend started attending the dance class?

Am I wrong? This photo is from her dance class. I asked her not to go to the dance class again, but she said it's controlling and she will never fall in love with any guys through dancing. I'm not sure which is right, me or her.

• Fred

She is right: She may never form any interest in other participants in a dance class.

What she may or will do is increase her desire for Social Couples Dance to a level it will be hard for you to keep up with her dance skill development level.

Therefor you must join her in her dance class as soon as you can! Find out if the dance instructors will give you, as a couple, private lesions so you match the class performance.

Dance classes can be / are more enjoyable than Public Social Dance! Everyone has the same skill level, everyone dances the same dance format, everyone performs the same dance maneuver at the same time so you have no worries of collisions and ALL the music is chosen for the single dance format for beginner tempo and easy discernable music beat. MUCH EASIER TO DEAL WITH THAN PUBLIC DANCING!

What disturbs me about your photo is that there is not a dancer on the floor who displays proper dance frame! All the participants except those in the very fore front of the photo have improper dance 'frame'! The couple in the 'Ladies inside turn" (maroon sweat shirt) have two dysfunctional hand connections. Every couple on the floor INCLUDING THE INSTRUCTORS are in improper foot balance!

What you really need to do (unless this is some line dance class?) is find an instructor than can provide a dance format lesion that you can build upon instead of some mangled form of dance!

So find that qualified instructor and join your partner in a base format you can build upon... or spend the money to receive private dance lesions from a qualified instructor!

She is attending dance class. She isn't working as a stripper for crying out loud! If you want to continue dating her, then you better back off and let her enjoy her hobby. I'm curious why you didn't enroll in the dance class with her? It could've been a great bonding experience for you both. Stopping your girlfriend from enjoying her interests is controlling and pathetic. Why don't you focus on developing some interests of your own so you aren't constantly thinking of ways to control your boyfriend?

• Joe

You sound like a young idiot.  Let the girl have some fun or break up with her and leave her alone. What's the matter with you ?

Yes it's a dance class. Perhaps you should watch the movie with Richard Gere and JLo called Dance With Me. It's about ballroom dancing. It's good that your g/f is learning. Dancing is good exercise.

• y

She is right, you are being controlling, in this situation. You should have taken the class with her.

Jealousy is the opposite of love. It is what will destroy any relationship. Jealousy is a selfish emotion. Try to get it out of your heart. It comes from feeling you aren’t good enough. You must learn to love yourself but not in a selfish way. Love is based on mutual trust.

You are a control freak. If you want her, let her go, and if she comes back to you, she was meant to be yours. If not, it wasn't to be.

• Masaki1 month agoReport

After reading the all answers, I understand I was wrong. I won't control her. I just thought I would quit everything if my girlfriend wanted me to. But now I understand I was selfish.

Telling her to quit something she enjoys is controlling. If you don't have trust in your relationship then it is not going to last.

Here's a concept join the class and dance with her.

• ajtheactress

Sometimes we can't see what is in front of us.

Learn from this and move on.

Good for her. Do you have a question?

Let her enjoy her interests.

• Masaki1 month agoReport

Unless you go with her, you can NOT and SHOULD NOT control another person.  It i a LOSE LOSE situation

• Masaki1 month agoReport