Could my foot be fractured or just swollen?

I was playing football on concrete today and I was trying to intercept a jump catch but when I fell down the left side of my left foot landed wrong and now the left side of the foot is swollen but I continued to play because it didn’t hurt that bad at first but through out the day it kept getting worse I didn’t go to the nurses office because it wasn’t that bad but now I think I might have fractured it because it hurts when I try to extend my foot but it’s only the left side not on the toes neither mostly in the middle 

• Edna

You could have fractured a bone in your foot. Go to your doctor and get your foot x-rayed.

you need to go see your doctor and get it checked out

• Tulip

Only way to determine fracture is with xray

• Eva

Sprains can be as painful as a break. You probably should have it x-rayed to be sure.

• Marc

If you broke it you would nothave been able to continue to play. However a sprain you could. As the day goes on more inflammation builds up and it hurts more and more. Try the following...its called RICE

REST

ICE

COMPRESS

ELEVATE

If that helps then its a sprain/strain injury. It will take time to heal but it will.

If it doesnt help, go to a doctor and have it xrayed

• Diane A

In the foot bones, such as a dancers fracture, people can walk on it etc, so your statement isn’t exactly true at all, and a grade 4 sprain, you couldn’t play either

• Greg

Your food could be either. There are these things called x-rays. Get one.