Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 2 months ago

Can someone travel to Mexico with an official passport?

I want to see some family members in Mexico that I haven’t seen since I was 5, can I drive over the border with it ?

You are only supposed to use USA official passport for official travel:

https://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/no-fee-p...

Yes, of course. 200,000 people a day cross the border near San Diego. US tourists go to Mexican cities all the time. There are huge retirement communities of people from the US in Mexico. Why would you think you can't go there?

• Eastside Guz

Anonymous, you didnt say how far south you are traveling to visit family members. I always use a passport card when near south of the border. If going further, you will need a FMM visa of Mexico along with your passport book or card https://www.tripsavvy.com/what-is-a-mexican-tourist-card-1588733

Yes, you can with a passport.

Yes, that is what Passports are for.

To let you back into the country of origin.

• DEBS

Yes, A valid passport is enough to travel back and forth from the US to Mexico. Note that if you are driving, you will want to make sure you get car insurance which covers being in Mexico. I don't know about other areas, but if you cross the SD-Tijuana border there are many places on the US side which offer this insurance. You can get it by the day for not much money (sorry, don't know current rates but 15 years ago it was around $15 a day.)

i would call immigration and ask them this question

• Greg

What else would you travel with?