should I buy an item from a seller who has no rating and has only one item to sell with no reviews?

I found a monitor with a good deal in eBay from a seller who does not accept returns and seems like he has newly created his account. His item is new though.

Do you recommend me buying from this seller?

• Kelly
    Favorite Answer

They may or may not be a legit seller. Everyone gets their first sale at some point.

I sell a lot on ebay and I often do not accept returns just because they really are a hassle and I end up eating costs on it at that point. The buyer gets their money returned, but I end up in the hole on listing fees and shipping fees. There's really no such thing as "free" shipping. A lot of buyers are shady too.

Most of the items I sell are a flip item, meaning I buy them specifically to resell and turn a profit on. I buy items from local auctions and resell them. Most items are brand new, they buy inventory from stores going out of business, overstocks, store returns where the store can't legally resell them and things like that. Unless the item is still factory sealed (and some are) I sell them as an "open box", the ones that really are an open box I test before I sell it so I know it's in working condition. Here and there, there is one that has a defect I'm unaware of and I work with the buyer on a resolution... if the item really isn't worth my time I don't require they send it back to me because that saves us both money. If I have another item I replace it and if not ... I refund or in some cases a partial refund depending on the issue.

• John

Probably stolen, if you want the truth. Much of Ebay is. Understand, I buy there when I want, but still......

• audrey

I wouldn't, but that's just me.

It's your call. Go by your gut.

friend it doesn't make any difference if the seller has a return policy or not if the seller sends you a non-working item there is a guarantee from eBay and PayPal if the item is not described properly or if the item doesn't work there's no contest in this unless the seller says this item does not work and it's being sold only for parts if it's cheap enough by it from the seller.