How much humidity should your office have?

Around 40%. The time of year has some impact as well as individual tastes.

• y

Individual comfort zones vary from about 30/40 to 50/60. One also must consider outdoor temp verse indoor and the possibility of interior condensation occurring, which can lead to mold. I personally prefer it at 55, but i have to bring it down a little below freeing temps. Which means I cna't just set it and forget it, I have to continually monitor what s going on.

Summer humidity levels are very often over 60, that is not unusual even for the colder states. That is one needs to use more then AC to control humidity levels. In the summer, a dehumidifier set for 55 or 60 should be installed/used. Not only does it help decrease humidity but it also decreases the load on the AC. It will be more efficient and run less. To cause the damage you are describing, it had to higher then 63 and for longer periods of time. If it is that compressed sawdust with laminate furniture, as opposed to real wood. I can see damage from consistent humidity levels 65 or so and above. That might be peeling at the edges and such, especially if any of the crap is exposed. Real wood, you are looking for another reason, like water being spilled, left on the table and such.

• ioerr

my brother the hvac character likes it at 50% and will go to considerable lengths to get it there. and it does help.

• Rick

THAT depends on where you are. Removing excess humidity WITHOUT making it TOO COLD is a balancing act ...........................

• cmac'm

40-50% or somewhere around there