Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 2 months ago

Should I make my best friend a cool painting for her birthday or just give her money?

I'm a painter and I know how to paint. I made her a painting last year for her birthday and I also made her a painting for her new office she was promoted to. I was thinking to make her another one, which would be a different technique I discovered and make her that. My dad told me to do something else like buy her flowers and give her money. He said that she probably doesn't even care about my painting and just acts like she does. But I always thought, making something is better than buying something. Maybe I should change it up? I don't know what is better. What do you think?

i think your paintings are wonderful gifts- each one is unique, how could she not appreciate that!

Take her out for a meal. Have her pick a place and you pay for both of your meals. That's what I would do.

I would recommend that you take her out for a nice meal, something that you both can enjoy TOGETHER.

• Damien

no it would be lame if u gave her a painting AGAIN and dad is right, whats she gonna do with a painting other than leave it in a corner in the attic

Anything elegant will do.