Chevy tahoe won't crank?

I have a 2013 Chevy Tahoe PPV( Police Pursuit Vehicle) that doesn't crank. I've checked the fuses and everything looks fine removed the starter and took it to the auto parts store to get it tested and its it's fine. Also with this problem the windows don't roll down the radio doesn't work. Battery is brand new as well as the alternator. Does anyone have any idea what it can be

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A bad ground or electrical connection maybe. A friend had a Ford pickup that was doing this as well as having other electrical oddities and that's what it ended up being.

There is usually a ground on the frame from the starter area and one from the battery to either the firewall or somewhere on a fender or the front clip on all vehicles. Sometimes there's also a ground on the engine block. Where they all are on that vehicle can probably be found online if you do a search if you don't have a service/maintenance book for it like a Chilton.

Take all the grounds you can find off and clean them up so it's nice, bare, shiny metal again so they make a good ground. Check all of the wire connections to make sure they're not corroded and securely connected.

This is a great place to get the info you need to find them if you don't already know where they all are or don't already have a service manual for it:

http://www.chiltondiy.com/

It actually looks like all of the info there is online. Auto parts stores have the books if you'd rather a print version. I had heard Chilton's were discontinued a long time ago but it seems like they're back?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Possibly Blown fusible link.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

check the battery TERMINALS ..................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.