What is wrong with me?

As I was cleaning my house, i randomly threw up in my mouth, the kind you just swallow back down as its the slightest amount of throw up. However, this time, as soon as the liquid reached my throat, i immediately started choking. It felt as if my throat was on fire and I had taken a shot of the hottest hot sauce in the world. I ran and chugged cold water but the burning wouldnt go away. I started freaking out really badly because I couldn't breathe, my throat felt like it was closing in on me. I had not ate anything spicy in at least 24 hours either. Does anyone know what this might be? My mom thinks it could be gastritis but it felt SO intense, i thought I was going to have to call the ambulance for a hot second.

Sounds like acid reflux, I've had this a few times, alarmingly it has woken me up choking a couple of times, sometimes lying down after a meal or doing something strenuous after eating can set it off, go to see your Dr and they can give you the appropriate medication.

Why are you asking yahoo answers? Go see a doctor

• Edna

Sounds like plain old acid reflux (or acid indigestion). Something you swallowed earlier went down the "wrong pipe" (so to speak), so you had to up-chuck to get rid of it.

• audrey

Acid reflux. See your regular doctor, he'll give you something for it.

The anxiety monster laughs at me the harder I try to fight it off. It still rears its ugly head despite the daily dose of medication. It’s the instigator to take on more and more at work while simultaneously feeling like I’m too anxious to sit at my desk. It’s the panic attacks that have landed me in the ER three times because they feel like heart attacks, only to be released with a sedative and an appointment with my PCP who will also tell me that “I’m ok, it’s just anxiety.”

you got some of the stomach acids down the wrong pipe, thats all. It sounds like acid reflux.

You might've just had indigestion. It's common for that to happen and the burning you felt was most likely caused by too much stomach acid coming up when you "vomited" I wouldn't stress about it unless it proceeds the next morning

You're hallucinating and over exaggerating.