Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

How much to fix my bicycle?

It makes a tk yak tk noise. I called a bike shop and arksed the same question, and they just said they had no idea how much to fix, would you know? It don't cycle so good so can't take it to shop to fix

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

never heard of pushing it to the repair shop

maybe if you just used some sense , you could fix it your self

Labor = $40-100 per hour

Parts = $5 upwards to cost of new bike (some repairs are not worth doing, BUY a new bike)

Tubes = 5

Tires = 10-100

Chain = 15-75

Drive train (crankset, derailleurs, cassette) = $100+ full replacement

Labor = $10+ (average &60/hour)

Bike shops can't diagnose problems over the phone. They need to physically see the bike. They are blind can't know what is wrong. Could be adjusting parts to replacing them.

??? What parts???

I think "arksed" is a mis-spelling of the pirate word, "arsked." You know, "I arsked you a question, matey!" As for what the problem is, "funny noise" isn't enough to narrow it down.

• pmt853

£36.27p plus VAT. Or you could just get some ear defenders so you can't hear the bing clang crunch custard noise.

Oh I understand not wanting to go to a reputable bicycle shop. Even more so because your bicycle doesn't work so well. 😒 When your bike makes that kind of noise it's because your bottom bracket has shrank. You can buy a bottom bracket stretcher to fix the problem. It's an inexpensive tool ($2) and easily found on the internet. 🗜

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.

Somewhere between $5 up to $5,000. You can't take it to the shop? Why not? You don't have a friend with a car? They have bike racks on the front of buses today too.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for a troll question...I'll give it a 2. Time to up your game.

• David

Do you really think someone would be able to make a useful suggestion at such a vague description?

At the very least, make a video of your bike making the noise and post that. That’s give us a TINY chance to be helpful.

Or start investigating. Is the noise in synch with pedalling?

Or with the wheels turning?

Which wheel?

Are the wheels touching frame/fork anywhere as they spin?

Readjust the tires

Or, you need to fix the chains

What does arksed mean?