Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Went to the E.R due to gallbladder issue?

I was discharged from the hospital after having a galbladder issue and when i received the report of findings after the visit there was a part of the CT scan that says Liver: Fatty Liver. Yet they failed to even mention anything about that to me directly. Is that not a cause for a medical issue they are supposed to tell you about?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

I have it also and its considered "normal" in people who are overweight, especially around the mid section.  They don't mention it because it doesn't cause symptoms and isn't usually harmful.  Its also completely reversible by losing weight from your mid section.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You didn't have a CT scan in the ER for gallbladder issues. Gallbladder problems aren't diagnosed with a CT scan. The definitive tool to diagnose gallbladder disease is with the use of ultrasound imaging, and that's what you had done. The ultrasound can "see" gallstones in the gallbladder and in the bile duct - a CT scan cannot..

• 1 month ago

It is normal to have some fat in the liver; it depends on how much. When the amount gets too high, that's when it becomes an issue. It is not an emergency and can be treated with dietary changes. It needs a doctor that can work with you long-term, which the E.R. is not capable to do.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ask your doc..........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

maybe you need to ask them about it

• kelvin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

no they need therapy for all of the trolling

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A letter will be sent to your Doctor. They will decide what to do about it. It's very common.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you asked your family doctor about it, what did they say? It is not an emergency that the E.R. would deal with. They do not deal with routine issues, they are done by family practice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.