Hindusufi asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Should physician assisted suicide be available to life term and long term prisoners?

• Sky

Yes, I think so. If someone is sentenced to prison for the rest of their life, I'd be in favor of them having assisted suicide available. It could all be formal with their attorney present and all kinds of paperwork signed showing it's completely voluntary, and it could be something as simple as swallowing a pill.

Nope. To revive an old saw, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If they deprived others of their lives and they did it not for self defense or defense of others but for gain, then let 'em rot in prison. Suicide is not an option.

• In

Physician assisted suicide should be available to anyone who is mentally competent. Unfortunately the desire to end your life is usually considered to be abnormal ideation which would automatically disqualify you.

• Logan

No, they deserve their sentence and deserve to live it out.

Yes, and everyone else too

• rick

Giving them the option of ending it would negate the effectiveness of the long sentence. NO, make 'em live.

• audrey

No. They need to suffer out their whole punishment. Dying is too easy if you're in prison.

• Bill

why

assisted euthanesia is available for people who have incurable diseases and whos quality of life is non existent

prisoners for life are there because they have to pay for their crimes in the hell they created for themselves

• Hindusufi

Who are they paying?  I don't feel paid by any of them!

I will be there in a few minutes to talk to you about it when I get home 😊😊