Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 month ago

Any companies or charities that will help pay for me to go to drama school in America?

I’m from London and an aspiring actress. I recently got into the American academy of dramatic arts in New York. I have wanted to study acting in America because I feel as if that’s where I will do it most. I’m not rich and I would only go if I get a scholarship but I would still need lots of funding. Is there anyone that could

Help me ?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I’m from New York. I was a grad of AADA and on scholarship as well. That was a long time ago. If you didn’t get a scholarship to attend then perhaps you ought to study at home. Most American actors would kill to get a chance to study in London. I auditioned for the RADA and didn’t make it. I did get in to the Central School but couldn’t afford to attend.

  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    I very much doubt that this will ever happen.

    The USA already has hundreds of thousands of unemployed actors of their own.

    They have absolutely no need or wish to import Brits to add to the huge numbers of aspiring actors who are sleeping rough or fighting for jobs flipping burgers.

    If you want to be an actor, train in the UK.  The training is far better here anyway.

    After you graduate from drama school and have built up a great reputation here as a professional, you may be able to sign with an agent who has connection in the States - but that's a long way in the future.

    Good luck!

  • 1 month ago

    See if the school has a financial aid office that can direct you to sources

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    its possible, you might be able to find that info online

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    you might be able to find some online

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.