What terms dictate years?

I know about 1 year, everybody does.

I know that 10 years is a "decade".

I know that 20 years is a "score".

I know that 100 years is a "century".

and I know that 1,000 years is a "Millennium".

Are there any other terminology that denotes a collection of a certain number of years that I should know about? And I'm not talking the half terms like Bicentennial or anything like that.

Interesting. I did some searching and found this site. (https://www.quora.com/If-a-decade-is-10-years-is-t...

• John P

In other languages and cultures there are words for very large numbers of years (and very large amounts of money, etc) but in English as used in Britain I cannot think of other words beyond those you mention.

Note that "score" was a more general word for "twenty" in times past. The KJV Bible speaks of "three score years and ten" as a good age for a man. Even Abraham Lincoln used "score" in his Gettysburg address.

"Decade" and "century" and "millennium" derive from Latin - think of Roman "centurions" - officers in charge of groups of 100 soldiers.

"Decade" means "ten years," but "score" does not mean "twenty years." It just means "twenty" (of anything).

When Lincoln said "Four score and seven years," he means "Four-times-twenty-then-add-seven, that's how many years."